Monday, August 11, 2008

Ambassador Merlyn Merlin II: A Memorial

In memory of Ambassador Merlyn Merlin II of Draconis, a "being of light" who I had the good fortune to meet, I wrote a short screenplay in his honor (8 pages)...


Ambassador Merlyn Merlin II was an apparently sentient and corporeal being who I met in Rachel (shown above). Here is a news article on his demise. (Obviously, I took some creative liberties.)

I have a few other short screenplays, several concerning Area 51. They are found here.

You might find a little about the Ambassador with a Google search. He was mentioned in the New York Times article and in the Dreamland Chronicles. Does anyone have any recollections of the Ambassador they care to share?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember I was visiting you in your extensive and luxurious Area 51 Research Center in beautiful downtown Rachel probably in 1973 maybe? And Merlyn knocked at the door, tall, all dressed in black. We thought he was a Jehovah Witness or a Bible saleman or something. And as I recall, he was the III'rd not the II'nd. You can't get that kind of entertainment on TV. :-)

Glenn Campbell said...

1973 would be a timewarp, but 1993 is possible. I remember seeing this guy on my doorstep holding a book in front of him, and I joked, "Oh, a Bible salesman." Turns it, it WAS a Bible! Merlin gave me his "Being of Light" spiel for quite some time, in the presence of Paul and his associate. I tried to pin him down on specifics, but couldn't get any. Turns out he didn't actually remember anything about Draconis. Darn!